Thread: Phone Sytem??

Beans

Phone Sytem??

Hi all,

I hope I am posting this in the right spot.

I am trying to find a Linux based phone program. What we want is a way to mask our personal number. We want to set up an 800 for people to call, then it routes to someone's personal cell/landline where the person can call them back without using either person's personal number. I hope this makes since.

If anyone works for anything like Doordash, Grubhub they use a system like this for orders.

Can anyone direct me to a webpage for something like this.

Sorry if it's not very clear as what I wan/need.

TIA

James

Beans

Re: Phone Sytem??

800 numbers are hard to come by, especially for free.

Why don't you just get a phone number at Google Voice and set it up to forward as you want?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

I never looked at trying to do this before. So thank you for the suggestion I'll check into it.

Also if we have to pay for the 800 we will. Just looking at not having to buy an expensive MS program if we can avoid it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How about Google Fi does it fits to your needs, have you encountered this google fi thing?
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread

Beans

I think most Americans' phone services these days provide free nationwide calling. 800 numbers matter less these days than they did twenty years ago when I had one that was attached to my main business number.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Are you trying to set up a scam operation?

Beans

LoL not at all.....I need to set up a system where people can call who are in crisis and does not get our phone numbers.It's hard to explain.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If you want to run your own PBX, take a look at Asterisk/FreePBX or Freeswitch/FusionPBX.

If you don't want to run your own server, consider a cloud provider like Anveo.com.