Thread: Problem installing Network Manager Gnome in lubuntu 18.04 - LXDE Desktop

Beans

Problem installing Network Manager Gnome in lubuntu 18.04 - LXDE Desktop

Hi,
    I am extremely new to lubuntu, having installed it upon an older laptop just a few days ago. I am most comfortable having an Internet Bandwidth monitor to indicate up and down data transfer rates located on the desktop task bar. My investigation of this matter has me attempting to install Network Manager Gnome 1.8.10-Zubuntu1 but without success on lubuntu 18.04 (i386) LXDE desktop. I located the app in Synaptics and finished up doing a re-install just as a sort of 'refresh' to confirm all was OK but am unable to find the app anywhere on the PC in order to enable it. The composite synaptic entry/re-install screenshot (attached) seems to indicate that consideration was first given to versions 14:03:01.863 & 14:03:02.393 before finally re-installing 1.8.10-Zubuntu1. It is most desirable that I get a bandwidth monitor onto my task bar and I would be most grateful for any assistance that can be offered including, if necessary, an alternative approach. The pdcurtis Network usage monitor for cinnamon desktop is an excellent example of my needs, if there is a method of installing it onto LXDE I would be very happy to go down that path but would both need and appreciate some guidance in doing so. Many thanks - bob-deb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Problem installing Network Manager Gnome in lubuntu 18.04 - LXDE Desktop

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless for a more appropriate fit.